I had a rare weekday with no school photography booking (half day for kids on a Friday) so I was delighted to not have to get up a six and lug my studio about. Instead I spent the time during the solar eclipse walking the dog (the air temperature changed dramatically, everything seemed still and the birds were singing) then came home to see if I could glimpse the show between the clouds.
Here is my light catching from this morning – featuring no moon….
I’ve been hanging out for the weekend ALL week. There must be something wrong with me because I feel exhausted most of the time and I am wishing my weekdays away. I had no plans for the weekend – the boys are away and Mia has stacks of studying to do.
In-between the mundane – here is a snapshot of the little things that made my day today.
1. A week old white roses – 3 quid from Aldi – none of this £45 a bunch crap – that Interflora were trying to charge me to send to my mum for Mothers Day. Utter bollocks.
2.Wholemeal, homemade pizza prep – to be eaten later, washed down with a glass of red watching The Voice, ogling Ricky Wilson with my girl.
3.Revision food for Mia – smoothie in the making.
4. Homemade flourless chocolate and lime cake for after I have finished drooling at the TV.
5. The most two interesting things I saw on my walk with the dog, although I did have a rather interesting conversation with my neighbour about lesbian activity on Netflix.
All images (except 5. – which was my old Nikon D90) taken on Olympus OMD EM1.
The past few weeks have been silly busy with my full time photography job. I am literally in bed at nine thirty most evenings. No fun. Bags under eyes and as David keeps pointing out – I looked like a washed out rag. Selling it to you eh? Daily yoga has gone by the wayside and chocolate has come out in full force (four Easter eggs down – that didn’t belong to me).
I have quite a few shoots lined up for the Easter holidays and hope to be experimenting with a bit of analogue photography as well, with my (new to me) Olympus OM 1 – birthday present, Mothers Day and Valentines all rolled into one.
Whilst cataloguing some of my images – I took another look at profiles, reworked them a little in VSCO (also new to me).
All images taken on Olympus OMD EM1 with either a 25mm lens or 12-40mm lens.
Copyright Teresa Dickson
A collection of images from my Saturday.
1. A view from my bed, waking up MY time….bliss.
2. First cup of tea of the day, in bed, reading.
3. David and Alfie before work.
4. View from the van – waiting on David delivering to customers in Leith.
5. The bumpy ride home from Edinburgh in the back of the van, listening to Kanye West.
All images copyright Teresa Dickson.