I had a rare weekday with no school photography booking (half day for kids on a Friday) so I was delighted to not have to get up a six and lug my studio about. Instead I spent the time during the solar eclipse walking the dog (the air temperature changed dramatically, everything seemed still and the birds were singing) then came home to see if I could glimpse the show between the clouds.
Here is my light catching from this morning – featuring no moon….
I’ve been hanging out for the weekend ALL week. There must be something wrong with me because I feel exhausted most of the time and I am wishing my weekdays away. I had no plans for the weekend – the boys are away and Mia has stacks of studying to do.
In-between the mundane – here is a snapshot of the little things that made my day today.
1. A week old white roses – 3 quid from Aldi – none of this £45 a bunch crap – that Interflora were trying to charge me to send to my mum for Mothers Day. Utter bollocks.
2.Wholemeal, homemade pizza prep – to be eaten later, washed down with a glass of red watching The Voice, ogling Ricky Wilson with my girl.
3.Revision food for Mia – smoothie in the making.
4. Homemade flourless chocolate and lime cake for after I have finished drooling at the TV.
5. The most two interesting things I saw on my walk with the dog, although I did have a rather interesting conversation with my neighbour about lesbian activity on Netflix.
All images (except 5. – which was my old Nikon D90) taken on Olympus OMD EM1.
The past few weeks have been silly busy with my full time photography job. I am literally in bed at nine thirty most evenings. No fun. Bags under eyes and as David keeps pointing out – I looked like a washed out rag. Selling it to you eh? Daily yoga has gone by the wayside and chocolate has come out in full force (four Easter eggs down – that didn’t belong to me).
I have quite a few shoots lined up for the Easter holidays and hope to be experimenting with a bit of analogue photography as well, with my (new to me) Olympus OM 1 – birthday present, Mothers Day and Valentines all rolled into one.
Whilst cataloguing some of my images – I took another look at profiles, reworked them a little in VSCO (also new to me).
All images taken on Olympus OMD EM1 with either a 25mm lens or 12-40mm lens.
Copyright Teresa Dickson
A collection of images from my Saturday.
1. A view from my bed, waking up MY time….bliss.
2. First cup of tea of the day, in bed, reading.
3. David and Alfie before work.
4. View from the van – waiting on David delivering to customers in Leith.
5. The bumpy ride home from Edinburgh in the back of the van, listening to Kanye West.
All images copyright Teresa Dickson.
A couple of my favourite images taken this past few days. Taken on Olympus OM-D EM1.
Tulips in my living room – finished but better than fresh. Decay always seems better with nature.
My new Mac lipstick. A little high maintenance for me. It means I actually have to check my appearance from time to time. Image taken in the loos of Flatplanet, Soho.
Nicholas Kirkwood shoes – not mine. Too big, too expensive for my budget. But lovely all the same.
Pinkston Watersports – Glasgow. Early one Sunday morning, out of focus but I prefer it.
David – Union Theatre Café Southwark, London
Taken on an Olympus OM-D EM-1
Sometimes the best laid plans go pear shaped. Our family weekend in London wasn’t our greatest time away together. But you live and learn and come back stronger.
All images belong to Teresa Dickson and may not be reproduced without consent.